I’m sure you’ve seen moonbounces (Bouncy Castles) at various parties & events. Perhaps you’ve even rented one. But have you ever thought about the financial windfall that can come with owning a couple of the units?
Moonbounces rent for anywhere from $85.00/day on the west coast to $250.00 & up in other parts of the country. Here in Indianapolis, we rent ours for around $225.00 for four to six hours. So…if you charge $150.00 for your rental, you can make an extra $300.00 per week in income.
Of course, there are some expenses that come with the rental. You’ll need a truck or a small trailer. A good dolly, extension cords, business cards, insurance and other small business items. Most people who start up a rental company do the deliveries and bookings themselves. That’s the joy of it. You work when you want to….not when you’re told to. On the other hand…the downside is that if you want the income you might as well accept that it’s going to be there on the weekend and that’s when you’ll be working.
The most expensive part of inflatables is the insurance. Insurance tends to get cheaper as you insure more units but the start up can be a bit tough. The average moonbounce costs around $1500.00 with the insurance running another $750.00. So…you can start up with one bounce for around $2500.00. At a rental rate of $150.00 you’ll have your expenses and covered in less than twenty rentals. Of course…if you charge what we do, you’re unit & costs will be paid for in about ten to twelve rentals.
Moonbounces aren’t the only thing you can rent. We started five years ago with two moonbounces and now have over fifty interactive games. Jousts, Giant Slides, Obstacle courses, video games, casino equipment and fun foods. So, as you can see the business will grow as large as you want it to.
About the only way to fail is to purchase the equipment and leave it in your garage. Inflatable moonbounces and other inflatables are their own best advertisement.
To get going on your new business you just need to follow these simple steps.
1) Talk to your state and local boards to find out what is necessary to open your own inflatable rental business. Some states have restrictions on what you can do.
2) Start talking to suppliers. Search the web for “moonbounce” or “interactive games”
3) Ask the suppliers to give you insurance info. Do NOT make a purchase until you’ve secured insurance.
4) Once you have insurance locked up, place your order.
5) While you’re waiting for your equipment, get some fliers made up, business cards and a dedicated phone number. Tell EVERYONE about your new business.
6) Although you’re starting to advertise, it’s not recommended to book your units before they arrive. That’s just asking for trouble.
7) As soon as your equipment arrives, inspect it for damage before the delivery truck leaves. Make sure it’s all there (most units are sold with a blower).
8) Blow up your equipment and get familiar with it. Sit it in your yard or a friends yard and let the kids play. The more it’s seen the more people will want it.
Pretty simple, isn’t it? Of course I just touched on the steps but it’s not much more complicated than that. If you join the Party Rental Industry you’ll be sharing fun with everyone. And that’s a great way to make an income.
Article Source: http://www.internethomebusinessarticles.com/